Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Module 2 Reflections

This module has helped me think about using standards, CFQs, or formative assessment in the following ways by getting the kids to start thinking about the subject using more than just factual restating. Assessing the students throughout the project is as essential and grading the final product to make sure that they are learning throughout the unit.  . Also, that your project can cover more than just one or two standards and still be effective.

10 comments:

  1. I agree that this is a great way to get kids to begin exploring their opinions. I too like the idae of assessing throughout rather than only grading the final product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be your first comment!
    I like the concept of using the project to cover more than one standard...much of what we do has so many different facets that it's almost impossible to teach just one thing!
    I alos like your view on assessing the student during the project. I could not agree more that internediate checks along the way is the as important (or even more!) than the final assessment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that essential questions is a great way to start off units, and they are fun to come up with. I think that we should try and so this for more of our units this next year. An article or something about the essential topic would be a great way to having reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a bunch of work, but I can see how it all pays off in the end

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been alot of work, but the goal of been a better communicator of lessons and projects will help the student.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. By looking at the project from cover to cover you are looking at the "bigger picture" of the students project, in a more conceptual way. I also like the idea of assessing the student more throughout the project. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your are so right a lot of the work is factual restating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the essential questions. You can grasps your students attention real quick and get them involved. Assessing them throughout the project will keep them on task and complete the project. The students will get a lot more out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The assessment part is SOOOOoooo critical... before this class, I had not really considered that a project SHOULD be assessed all the way through it and not just at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very exited to about learning all this new skills, and take all this to the classroom!!

    ReplyDelete